Subscribe Us

Header Ads

Why I Decided Never To Accept Ministerial Appointment—Ezekwesili

A former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili, says she determined since 2007 that she would never accept a ministerial appointment again.

Ezekwesili said this in a series of tweets on Monday, adding that she had rejected past ministerial appointments.

The former minister’s tweet comes barely two weeks after her former protĂ©gĂ©, Japheth Omojuwa, said in an open letter that Ezekwesili was expected to be appointed a minister by the new regime of President Muhammadu Buhari in 2015.

Many Buhari supporters seized the opportunity to lambast Ezekwesili, accusing her of being a Buhari critic because the President failed to appoint her as a minister.

But Ezekwesili, the Co-Convener of the Bring Back Our Girls Group, said she found nothing fascinating in being a minister, adding that when former President Olusegun Obasanjo appointed her in the early 2000s, the appointment had put a strain on her family.

The former Vice-President, World Bank Africa Division, tweeted, “I keep asking what is it about becoming a minister that these folks find so fascinating, considering the hardship my previous service to Nigeria including as a minister, cost my family and me?

“Finally, I got it. Such an attack is by all those who see public office as a meal. After 2007, I decided never again to accept any ministerial appointment in this country. Facts are all around that every time I was offered to be a minister since 2007, I swiftly turned down the offer. I know it kills some of you to accept this, but it is what it is.”

Politics News AddThis :  Original Author :  Saharareporters, New York Disable advertisements : 

from Latest News https://ift.tt/2QBNUBy
via IFTTT

Post a Comment

0 Comments